The Skownan School is managed by Frontier School Division and is a Nursery to Grade 9 school.
High school students attend Winnipegosis travelling on a daily basis by bus. Some students chose to attend other high schools in Dauphin, Winnipeg, and Cranberry Portage.
Frontier School Division Vision and Beliefs:
- Students are healthy and successful.
- Parents provide support, guidance, and direction.
- Families build a strong foundation for students.
- Staff are participating members of the community.
- High standards of teaching result in academic excellence.
- Appropriate educational programming is provided for all students.
- School programs reflect the needs and aspirations of the community.
- Language and culture celebrated in the community and school builds identity.
- Schools are safe places where individuals are respected, cared for, and valued.
- Our Division is an innovative and dynamic leader in education.
For more information visit the Frontier School Division website at:
Nelson Catcheway Memorial Gymnasium
On July 9, 2014, the Skownan School gymnasium was officially renamed the Nelson Catcheway Memorial Gymnasium in dedication and honour the late Nelson Catcheway.
Nelson Catcheway (May 1, 1951 – January 11, 2011), a Skownan First Nation band member, was a strong advocate of First Nation education and was committed in his work as an Education Director for the First Nation for many years. Skownan First Nation and Skownan School (Frontier School Division No. 48) appreciates the work, efforts, and contributions made by the late Nelson Catcheway towards education in the community.