The Skownan Housing Corporation is a not-for-profit organization established by the people of Skownan and supported by Council to manage the on-reserve housing program.
The Corporation's governance includes a representative from each family in the community. The group will constitute the policy-recommending body and is elected by the members of the community.
Band members may apply to the Housing Corporation intake to:
- Rent a home
- Home ownership
- Purchase an existing home or construct a new home with funding from a financial institution.
- Renovate a home through the Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program On-Reserve (RRAP) Program.
- Maintenance of homes - CMHC and Band-Owned.
Chief and Council
The leadership of Skownan First Nation will partner with the Skownan Housing Corporation. The people have mandated the Council to be more self-reliant.
The following forms are available at the office:
- Rental units – must apply every 6 months to stay on list
- Repair of unit – CMHC/Band
- Home Ownership
- Condition report – quarterly reports
- Completion of work
- Damage report
For more information contact:
Linda Chartrand, Housing Assistant
Skownan First Nation
Phone: (204) 628-3373 Ext. 233