Skownan First Nation believes in maintaining its cultural heritage, traditions, knowledge, and traditional languages in accordance with Skownan's Mission and Vision.
Skownan First Nation provides a variety of cultural support programs and hosts a wide variety of cultural events throughout the year.
Some of the activities and events held throughout the year include:
- Seasonal Cultural Camps:
- Spring Cultural Camp (includes Wood Bison Curriculum for youth);
- Summer Cultural Camp (Women's Camp);
- Fall Cultural Camp (Family Camp); and
- Winter Cultural Camp (Youth trip to Chitek Lake).
- Annual Traditional Pow-Wow
- Healing/Sharing Circles and Ceremonies
- Traditional healers
- Variety of cultural education and programming via Health Centre Wellness programming.
For further information please contact:
Councillor Charlotte Nepinak
Phone: (204) 628-3373 Ext. 103